[mythtv-users] HDMI sound works for AC3 2-channel, but not 6-channel

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 22:30:16 UTC 2012

Hi

On Monday, 2 April 2012, Steven Ihde wrote:

> Audio is set to Stereo, yes, although it is the only choice.  Dolby
> Digital and DTS are unchecked, as the HDMI cable is plugged directly into
> my TV, not a receiver/processor.

Please, do not top post..

That would make sense then... Audio has to be decoded and down mixed from
5.1 to stereo. This is done as a floating point operation.
So your audio card is opened as stereo for an originally 6 channels audio
(hence the 2(6) message in the log)

Now why it doesn't play is hard to understand, especially if you're saying
that plain stereo works...

Are you able to compile mythtv yourself? I'd like to try something with
you...