[mythtv-users] Am I cable card ready?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 3 13:05:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... But it should still be fairly simple to get it re-paired as
> long as I can get a hold of the right tech support person though,
> right?

It depends. In theory it can be done...a cablecard is a cablecard
(except for single-stream cards, but those are pretty much history).
However the 2 questions are

1) can the cablecard be removed from the cable box. Some don't allow
the cablecard to be removed without either disassembling the box or
removing a screw on bracket/plate. In either case, the cable company
would definitely not want you doing that.

2) Even if it's just pop in, they may not want to do it, as it means
you will have a cable box in your house with no cablecard installed.
They may not like the idea of that and may refuse.

--
Ron Frazier