[mythtv-users] mythvidexport problems

Tapani Tarvainen mythtv at tapanitarvainen.fi
Thu Apr 5 19:03:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 01:34:01PM -0400, Raymond Wagner (raymond at wagnerrp.com) wrote:

> >* Screenshot is lost in the process, which makes browsing
> >   less convenient.
>
> Assuming the metadata lookup is performed properly, it is supposed
> to pull a new screenshot, as well as other artwork, from the
> matching entry on TheTVDB.com.

There practically never are matching entries there for Finnish programs
(and even for American ones only when the name hasn't been translated).

> The fallthrough behavior for when this data is not available needs
> to be improved.

That would be nice. The description &c are usually copied just
fine, only the screenshot is lost, so perhaps it wouldn't be
too hard to fix.

> This version adds three options, --delete, --safe, and
> --really-safe.  --safe checks the destination filesize against the
> source to make sure some data wasn't lost somewhere in the transfer,
> and causes the user job to fail if they don't match. --really-safe
> performs an SHA1 hash of both source and destination instead.

Does either check metadata?
(As noted, I occasionally lose just metadata even though
the actual recording is fine.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen