[mythtv-users] How to I "fix" a program that MythCommFlag bombs on?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 9 04:00:35 UTC 2012

On 04/08/2012 11:24 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 04/08/2012 11:03 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>>> I'm watching "Celebrity Apprentice" tonight as it's recording.  about
>>> 10 or 15 minutes in, the playback exited.  I tried again, and it did
>>> the same thing at the same spot.
>>>
>>> I realized, looking at the log, that mythcommflag was aborting the end
>>> of the program.  I got the following line in the log:
>>>

>>> Seek(): Offset from end: -18641516
>>>
>>> I tried to re-flag it, but mythcommflag exited:
>>
>>> How can I view the program past where mythcommflag exits?
>>>
>> mythcommflag --rebuild  ?
>>
> Hmm - well, I don't see the seek error anymore, but the recording
> still exits, and I can't skip past the point.

Ah, just realized that you said you were watching as it records.  There
was/is? an issue where playback exits recording in progress when you
catch up to the point it was recording when you entered playback.

After it finishes recording it should play back fine as long as you exit
and re-enter playback.

However, since I had you run a --rebuild while it was recording, you'll
likely have to do another --rebuild once it completes.

Mike