[mythtv-users] Date format in 0.25 'Watch Recordings' screen

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 13 18:50:44 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 02:15 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> Hi:  I usually have the date format set so that I get a direct
> indication of a recording's filename ( ie Thurs 2012-04-12) but in
> 0.25 MythCenter_Wide this now shows as the 'friendly' translation to
> 'Today', without the date.  Is there a way to override this?

Out of curiosity, why do you need to know the file name?

If you're using MythTV recording files outside of MythTV (i.e. for
playback on another player/device), you should be using something like
mythlink.pl to create human-readable links to the machine-readable file
names.  Or, if you really need to know on a case-by-case basis, you can
use the INFO key (or DETAILS) to see the details.

And, in general, if you only use the recording with MythTV, the filename
is irrelevant--since all file management should be done by/within MythTV
itself.

Mike