[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music & Videos Questions

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Apr 13 19:18:53 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 10:32 AM, Michael Watson wrote:
> SELECT * FROM music_playlists
>>
>> If you want to do the second, you can by either going into a virtual
>> console
>> (ie: control-alt-F1) or via SSH (highly suggested). I would make playlist
>> exit mythmusic then check the database to see if the changes had been
>> applied. Check again when you log out and again when you have seen the
>> changes show up in mythmusic. The I would look at possibly filing a
>> bug/suggestion
>> report.
>>
>> Nasa
>>
> I created a new playlist in MythFrontend, add tracks to the new
> playlist. Whilst the FrontEnd was playing the new playlist, I had a look
> on MythWeb. The New playlist was shown on MythWeb, but empty. After I
> exited out of the Frontend, the New playlist shown on MythWeb was
> showing the added tracks.

Well that sounds like the program creates a 'new playlist record' when
you commence creating it, but holds the data in memory (in case you edit
or add to the list) until you exit, at which point it REALLY knows that
you will not be editing further.... Maybe the logic should be writing
the list out as soon as a selection is made. Although I can see that it
would make editing more difficult. But as set up it is not fail safe as
it should be.

Geoff