[mythtv-users] Looking for clarity on MythTV, to LIRC, or not to LIRC, ir-keytable, and key mappings

Dave Brown davebrown099 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:36:00 UTC 2012

> What I do in MiniMyth is use udev to create device symbolic links from the
> hardware's characteristics (e.g., vendor id, product id, serial number).
> Once this is done, device can be referred to by the symbolic link, which
> does not change as it is constructed from the hardware's characteristics.
> For example, newer versions of udev contain a rules script
> (60-persistent-input.rules) that does this for input devices.

Hi Paul

Ive tried this using udev and have it matched to the remote.   I had set it
to  REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/remote" in hardware.conf. However, I dont get
any output from the remote using irw.

What im having after each boot is change the remote device to /dev/lirc0 or
/dev/lirc1 depending on where the remote is placed agains
either /sys/class/rc/rc0/ or /sys/class/rc/rc1/

I cant find anywhere to point /sys/class/rc/rc0/ to /dev/input/remote