[mythtv-users] Convert for iPad in 0.25 - how do you watch?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:24:20 UTC 2012

On Sunday, 15 April 2012, adrinux wrote:

> I think my confusion derived from the fact that 0.25 has the convert
> for iPad transcode task (amongst others) built in and displayed in the
> UI (at least on Mythweb). I was expecting something more instant –
> like streaming from Mythweb – to just work. I can see now it still
> takes a bit more effort :)

Maybe I should describe on how you do it easily.

On your iPad/iPhone. Hit with Safari: http://backend_address:6544

Go into API->Examples

Select the storage group you want to browse from. Tap List Files
Select the video you want to play.

Select the resolution you want and the bit rate; the higher the better.

Select Add Stream

The stream is added to the list at the top, tap on the m3u8 link: playback
will start on your iPad.