[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Sun Apr 15 20:26:21 UTC 2012

On 15/04/12 21:19, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 04/15/2012 02:46 PM, Josh White wrote:
> >http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py
>> josh at Myth-Backend:/store$ ./find_orphans.pl
>> : No such file or directory
>> Any ideas?
>
> Hi;
>
> The file can be saved as any name, but, the suffix is
> most likely .py not .pl. Or, consider Find_ vs. find_.
>
> If that doesn't help, type: locate --ignore-case orphans

That 'No such file or directory' error can also be triggered if the OS
can't find the command in the #! line.  In this case it's looking for
python anywhere in your path.  I'd be surprised if that's not available
though.  You can double-check by running 'which python', which should
return the location of the python executable.

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started