[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:24:06 UTC 2012

On 04/15/2012 05:04 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>> 4.  I ran ./mythwikiscripts, and here's what I see:
>>
>> josh at Myth-Backend:/usr/bin$ ./mythwikiscripts
>> MythTV Interactive Script Downloader.
>> This script parses the wiki, and may take several minutes.
>>    0: Exit
>> Please choose a category.
>>> 0
>> josh at Myth-Backend:/usr/bin$
>>
>>  From the output given by mythwikiscripts, it seems like an interactive
>> script would allow more interaction that the exit command.  Should I be
>> seeing something different than what I see?
>
> I get
>
> nick at media:~$ mythwikiscripts
> MythTV Interactive Script Downloader.
> This script parses the wiki, and may take several minutes.
>    0: Quit
> Channel Change Scripts:

A very long list of scripts was here, as expected.

I get the same thing Josh gets, but it took 96 seconds. But, I'm running v0.26-pre
and he mentioned in the original post that he's running .25. (and Nick just posted
the same result with 0.25)

=======

Josh, perhaps this isn't a problem *finding* the find_orphans.py script, but
an error message resulting from *running* it. What I'd do to confirm that is
edit the script and add something near the bottom - then run it again:

if __name__ == '__main__':
     if len(sys.argv) == 2:
         main(sys.argv[1])
     else:
         print 'Just testing.' <<<<---- add something like this.
         main()

Also, when I attempt to run a file that doesn't exist, this
is what is printed:

bill at mc0:/tmp$ ./fred
-bash: ./fred: No such file or directory

But when you tried it, the output was:

josh at Myth-Backend:/store$ ./find_orphans.pl
: No such file or directory

We're both running 11.10, but I'm on ubuntu and you're on xbuntu.
Also, I have no idea what shell you're running. In any case, try
the print 'Just testing.' test above.

--
Bill