jaw1959 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 23:25:14 UTC 2012
On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com>
>> > On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> The find_orphans script, like all the scripts in the wiki, is supposed
>> >> to be downloaded with another scrip mythwikiscripts. In ubuntu
>> >> mythwikiscripts is packaged in libmyth-python.
>> > Does mythwikiscripts give any sort of feedback during the install?
>> > I've run it and hit 32 for the orphans script, but it just asks me
>> > what script I want to install again. If it's installing it, I can't
>> > find it.
>> I think it dumps it in the local directory, I usually cd to ~/bin
>> before i run it.
>> Strangely it seems broken, gives me the list of files but doesn't seem
>> to download anything.
>> Sorry for the noise, looks like its back to copy/paste from the wiki.
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Thanks just the same for the help.
> I tried a fresh copy of the script copied from the wiki on my mac mini
> rather than on my windows machine, and I gave it a different name. It now
> runs, but gives me an error at a different stage:
> josh at Myth-Backend:/store$ ./findzem.py
> File "./findzem.py", line 26
> SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xc2' in file ./findzem.py on line 26,
> but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.htmlfor details
> So it's progress, but not yet success. I think I saw a thread about
> something like this in my searches earlier today, so I'll look there, but
> in the mean time, this may jog someones mind.
ok, so it looks like I have it now. My first attempt was to copy the
script from the web site using google chrome on a windows machine. my
second attempt use google chrome browser on a mac os x machine. my final
and succesful attempt was to copy the script from the website on a ubuntu
machine running firefox, and the file I created seemed to work. I guess it
was either the browser or the tool used to create the original file that
caused the issue. Thanks for everyones help!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users