[mythtv-users] MythBrowser + Flash + BBC iPlayer

Giles gbirchley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 08:44:32 UTC 2012

Hi Chris, I've just upgraded my mythtv box to Fedora 16 which AFAIK
ships with Qt Toolkit 4.8 - I'm not at the machine to check but 95% sure
- and iplayer is still broken in the mythtv plugins. I'll have to check
if there's a bug report against Qt - or perhaps the Qt developer will
suggest it's a flash problem? Does anyone have a handle on the
technicalities of why this bug occurs? Giles From: Chris Jewell
<chrism0dwk at gmail.com> To: Discussion about MythTV
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythBrowser +
Flash + BBC iPlayer Message-ID:
<A48DB2C6-A23F-400B-BB2F-0C4BC61A0EA7 at gmail.com> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi All,

Sadly, I can definitively confirm that this is a problem with Qt (in my case version 4.7 shipped with Mythbuntu 11.10) and Flash, not MythTV per se.  The exact same bug occurs in Arora, the QtWebKit based web browser, when trying to view BBC iPlayer.  I'd be very interested to know if others find this is the case too.

I've not tried Qt 4.8 yet, as I'm waiting for it to appear in the next Mythbuntu LTS release, but it will be interesting to see if the bug still exists!

Chris