[mythtv-users] .25, bonjour, and airplay

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Apr 16 16:26:34 UTC 2012

On 4/16/2012 12:20, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>> On 4/16/2012 12:11, Gabe Rubin wrote:

>>> Can you explain this a little more because I think I am in the same
>>>
>>> situation.  My router assigns my combined FE/BE the address of
>>> 128.1.1.101.  All entries in the database are to localhost.  I know
>>> enough to know that this is probably not how things should be set up
>>> as I believe I am getting the same output as Mo in the console (not in
>>> front of the machine right now).  I am hoping its not too complicated
>>> a fix.
>> If the host the frontend is running on is configured with an IP address, it
>> will listen only on that IP address and localhost.  If the IP address is not
>> configured, it will listen on any private network address currently defined
>> on the system.  A recent commit by Jean-Yves altered the AirPlay servers to
>> always listen on all available addresses, rather than only those the user
>> specified for that host, as a quick work-around to this issue.
>>
> I guess I am really needing basic steps here.  How exaclty do I
> configure my frontend with an IP address?

The same way you configure the backend with an IP address.  However, as
mentioned, this only serves to limit which addresses the frontend will
listen on.  Your specific case is only a problem because you are
limiting the frontend to only listening on localhost, by telling the
backend on the same host to only listen there.  Also as mentioned, this
is no longer an issue due to a recent commit to master, which should get
backported to 0.25 in the near term.