[mythtv-users] Channel icons in GIF format not shown

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Mon Apr 16 20:08:50 UTC 2012

On 15/04/12 12:07, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> On 19/02/12 02:51, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm cleaning up my EPG and want to add channel icons. All icons show
>> fine in mythweb, but only the png icons are shown in the Frontend
>> (Minimyth + OS X). Gif icons are not shown.
>>
>> Browsing through the ml, it seems to be something that needs to be
>> configured in Qt. Any hints as how to proceed here for both Minimyth&
>> OS X?
>>
>> /Jeppe
>>
> Hello Guys,
>
> I am in the same boat here . Just upgraded to myth 0.25 . Using tinted
> glass theme . All my icons for channels are jpgs , I can see them
> everywhere except in frontend . They are in myth-setup in channel
> editor , they are in mythweb . But not in frontend , not in schedule
> recordings , also not in osd , not in guide . Do we have a workaround
> to get the icons to show up ? My machine is a combined BEFE , so all
> the icons are in local dir , and it was working this morning in myth
> 0.24.2 before the upgrade .
>
> Any Help appreciated

Not sure why jpg's aren't working, but you could convert them to png's
quite easily using imagemagick (should be available in most distros -
for Ubuntu, you can just apt-get install imagemagick)

cd /directory/containing/icons
for file in *.jpg; do convert "$file" "${file/%jpg/png}"; done

That will create a png version of any jpegs.

You then need to update your database with the following SQL (usual
caveats about editing the database apply.... backup first):

UPDATE channel SET icon = REPLACE(icon, '.jpg', '.png');

Hope that helps...

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started