[mythtv-users] THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:56:02 UTC 2012

On 17 April 2012 10:35, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> Open-Source.

You write code for a specific application (MythTV) someone uses it for
another project, then advertise the commercial use, non-free (as-in it
doesn't cost $0) of a closed-source one and start advertising the
features on the original open-source project.

We're all humans, if open source means you can't be annoyed that
someone is making money of your work, you're deluded.

There is no Torc backend (nor a frontend) for the time being, it's
mythtv renamed. plain and simple. That will obviously change in the
future, but as of today it's not

Anyhow, that's all I will say about this from now on.