[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:07:47 UTC 2012

On 1/25/12 11:33 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-01-25 02:00 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> The OP has mentioned an inability to seek ("already at end") in the files,
> Ahhh.  So this is where this misconception (that I have repeatedly tried
> to dispell) that my files have seeking problems is coming from.
>
> I said I get that "already at end" when I try to skip (i.e. "z") beyond
> the first (and only and usually erroneous) commercial break found in
> recordings that have more than one actual commercial break in them (but
> only one flagged).
>
> To be perfectly clear -- I can seek in all of my recording just fine.
>
>> Seeing the (partial)
>> contents of recordedseek for the recording in question would likely be
>> interesting.
> I will post that shortly.
>
>> It's entirely possible that the incoming stream is in some
>> way broken, but whether or not supporting a broken stream is a bug or a
>> feature request is a grey area, with my personal feelings being that if it
>> involves too much of a workaround, it's not ok.
> But ultimately, the stream looks visually fine and if my eyes can make
> out the stream, commflagging should be able to "see" what I see.
>
> b.

Brian, still having this issue?

I know I'm coming into this thread late, but I too am having
commflagging troubles often enough to be troublesome.  Not all
recordings, but probably double-digit percentage are jumping at the
wrong time and/or for too large of a jump.  All my recordings from an
HDHR using QAM via Cable, and signal strength is very high.

-JK