[mythtv-users] I have a UPNP question...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Apr 17 03:54:45 UTC 2012

On 04/14/2012 11:06 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sunday, 15 April 2012, stuart wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>
>     I saw this blurb in the developer's list:
>
>         Now that UPnP is integrated with MythVideo when a UPnP...
>

>     Time and time again my 2-back-end-mythTV setup has been a PAIN!!!  I
>     am sure there are work arounds - but they are just that - work
>     arounds. My gripe is that I miss out on great features because a
>     recording is on the WRONG back end.  For instance:
>

> Before you start ranting, it may be good to actually try things rather
> than making incorrect assumptions.
>
> UPnP in 0.25 is using storage group; unlike 0.24 where upnp could only
> access the local files.
>
> So pretty much; all your noise here is for nothing.

Comments were regarding .24.  Wanted to know if .25 solved problems.
Someone already posted "yes".  Thanks for your answer any ways.

>     I could start using my tablet to watch shows.  That would be great!
>

> And once again; feel free to contribute to this open source project.
> What have you given in return so far?

I consulted a bit on a the sqeezcenter (aka slimdevices aka logitech aka
slimserver) music client for mythtv.  Also worked on the mvpmc.org
project.  Some still use it as a mythtv client even though it is
standard definition.

-thanks for you help.