[mythtv-users] Commercial detection in the UK (Was: THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review))

Tue Apr 17 09:40:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, April 17, 2012 05:28, Christopher Kerr wrote:

> But frankly my complaints are much broader than that. MythTV 0.25 took
> about 18 months, and ultimately failed to deliver:
>
> - Any improvements at all to the utterly broken state of commercial
> detection in Australia and the UK

If you know of an algorithm that actually works for commercial detection
in the UK, please write it up so that someone else might implement it.
Commercial detection is hard, and the UK seems to be far less consistent /
obvious at advert transitions than the US, which is the reason it is
"utterly broken" over here.

Chris. (Seeker` on IRC)