[mythtv-users] Commercial detection in the UK (Was: THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review))

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:27:15 UTC 2012

On 17 April 2012 11:18, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok I'll see what I can do over the next few weeks. Accurate UK comm
> flagging is top of my personal myth wishlist so willing to help.
>
> Will need to figure out how to crop the recordings down and see how big
> they are.  My recording is mostly HD so may have to set up some dedicated
> SD recordings to keep the file size down
>
> Chris
>

> Have you tried the silence detection detection method?  Has been mentioned
on the list a few times.  I've been using it on UK freeview with excellent
results.  Still not 100%, but works well on ITV and Channel 4, as good as
the default comm flagging works on US shows on Channel 5 anyway.

See Lawence's version, he has tweaked some of the settings, thread here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/507536#507536

Martin