[mythtv-users] Can I use AirPlay to play video?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Apr 17 12:26:05 UTC 2012

On 2012-04-17, at 7:10 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> Cant you control it from your ios device anyway?

No, I couldn't. Neither ios nor myth controls would let me go back or forward. The myth remote's exit button worked though.

The source seems to matter. Yesterday I tested with myth media retrieved through the http services api. I just tried again with a video on the iPad and I was able to do navigation from both the myth remote and the iPad scrubber. It didn't work very well, the iPad's position indicator didn't jibe with where myth's playback was and vice versa but they seem to acknowledge each other.

Looks like there are some kinks to work out but I'm still impressed that you can do this at all.

- George