[mythtv-users] THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST (WAS: Re: Torc for iOS - Application Submitted to the App Store for Review)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Apr 17 13:16:45 UTC 2012

On 12-04-17 09:11 AM, Mark Lord wrote:

> Meanwhile, Chris has just forbade us from helping support tuner cards,
> cable cards, remote controls, HTPC cases and motherboards, etc..
> all of which are "commercial" products.

That's not how I understood his message.  What I got from it was that
commercial entities coming here and hawking their wares was not allowed.
 I did not get the impression that he was forbidding all discussion of
anything at all that is a commercial product and is ancillary to mythtv.

> Make no mistake -- we are here at the whims of the devs,
> and when they get pissed (like now), they may just pack up
> their marbles and go home.

They may go home, but they cannot pack up their marbles.  Anyone is free
to pick them up and play with them even after the devs go home.  That is
the entire reason for OSS.

b.