[mythtv-users] THIS IS A NON-COMMERCIAL MAILING LIST

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Apr 17 18:48:05 UTC 2012

On 12-04-17 02:19 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-04-17 02:08 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>
>> Did you read the same message - it was **very** clear, even it it
>> (probably) didn't say what he meant to say.
>
> Yeah.  See.  That's where the intelligent human being in me did some
> interpreting, given some history to sample, etc. and came up with what I
> felt he meant.  Could I have been wrong about my interpretation?  Maybe.
>  Was I though?
>
>> I dare say he meant "... by their vendors"
>
> Indeed.  That's the intelligent human being part.
>
>> but he didn't write that. If
>> you are going to slap someone down for transgressing the rules, you
>> really ought to try and get them right yourself.
>
> ~sigh~

An intelligent human would also realize that the iOS app that was
being discussed is "commercial" only in that the author is trying
to recover some of his costs by charging a tiny pittance for it.

That's hardly "commercial" to an "intelligent human."
It's more "non profit" than "commercial".

The potential benefits to mythtv-users from the app far outweigh
any possibility that he might recover half his direct costs,
let alone any fraction of his time costs.