[mythtv-users] Mythbackend Service not starting up after 0.25 upgrade

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:54:39 UTC 2012

>>> It is less confusing to everyone if you just XXX out the middle two
>> octets as in 192.XXX.XXX.15
>>

> I don't see any reason to obscure a NATed IP address.  Does this present
> some sort of vulnerability or risk?

While an internal NATed address isn't a vulnerability in itself it is a
piece of information that can be used when mounting an attack. If you
always use the XXX to block out a NATed address you won't forget when you
post that type information from work where it can be used. The poster
obviously wanted to conceal their address hence my suggestion.