[mythtv-users] MythSystemEventHandler: Command '...' returned 1

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Thu Apr 19 11:59:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup some commands in the System Event Handler, but
whatever I do, I always get "MythSystemEventHandler: Command '...'
returned 1".

What is the correct syntax for these commands? I even tried a simple one
like

touch /home/thomas/test

Background: Since there is no proper sleep function in MythTV in terms
of exiting the frontend in order to let the backend shutdown on idle, I
have a little script running in the background which kills the frontend
when the screensaver kicks in. Now since 0.25 gnome-screensaver is not
supported any more and it kicks in even when I watch something. So I
want to kill the screensaver on "LiveTV started" and "Playback started"
and start it again on "Playback stopped". (BTW: Why is there no "LiveTV
stopped" event?)

Or does anyone know how to do run a command like "killall mythfrontend"
with xscreenserver? Or even a better solution for my "poor man's sleep
function"? ;-)

Thanks
Thomas