[mythtv-users] Myth on an iPod

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 19:13:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> I have a setup where my myth box can play music on my deck.  I'd like to
> be able to display a remote front end on an iPod and select the music that
> way.
>
> Now I know little to nothing about how iPods work; I'm not an Apple guy
> and I personally don't use Apple products.  But my kids do.
>
> I'm not talking about running a front end on an iPod; I am talking about
> displaying a frontend on an iPod that's running on my backend.
>
> So I'm talking about something like XDMCP or VNC.  All I want to do is
> play music not watch videos....
>
> Any suggestions?

If you have music on your iPod, you can do this out the box with .25
using AirPlay.

If you want to use your iPod as a remote, there are some apps in the
app store that will turn your iPod (or iPhone/iPad) into a remote.  Or
you can wait until the torc application is released as it looks like
you can use that as a remote as well.

Another option is to install a squeezebox server on your backend and
then use the webbased remote or iPeng (paid app) on your iDevice.