[mythtv-users] Is Lirc 0.9.0 now using key up events ?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 20 23:22:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 19:28:10 +0100, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Dan Littlejohn
> <dan.littlejohn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My current understanding is that you have the in kernel code (a
>> couple buttons will "just work" in Myth now) and then there is a bridge
>> lirc where you can make what buttons you want to a key table.  So it
>> goes
>> kernel -> keytable -> lirc.
>
> If all you want is input you can skip lirc entirely and just do it in
> the kernel.
>
> See this recent thread:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/511144#511144
>
> Eric

Yes, I am using the kernel keytables at the moment - much simpler than
lirc!

However I might want to go back to lirc if I need to spawn an external
browser - mythbrowser is much improved but I still have a few issues with
it. I haven't got that far yet..

I was really interested if anyone else had the same behaviour. I like to
keep my upgrades 'clean & simple' and I'm used to configuring lirc so I've
done nothing to alter the key up/down event. I can't understand why no
other MythBuntu user is seeing the same thing....

Must be just me then - I'll try re-installing & take it to the lirc forums.