[mythtv-users] Disk Space Way Wrong

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sat Apr 21 14:02:32 UTC 2012

On 12-04-21 02:47 AM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
..
> Trac is hardly a "vast ignored pool of patches".  Seems to me that
> you're making this up as you go along, and with absolutely no
> reference into reality.  With 329 open tickets out of nearly 11000
> tickets, most of which have no patches at all, you are certainly
> mischaracterizing the nature of our trac setup.  What this comes down
> to is that you can't be bothered to contribute in a way that's helpful
> to those running the project, but would prefer to take nasty sniping
> shots at us as often as possible.

The only people taking nasty shots at anyone here seem to be
folks like you, and the others here who misconstrue my intents
based upon the surname I was born with.

I found a bug, I posted code showing how to fix it.
That's all.  On the kernel mailing lists, code like that would
be picked up by the maintainers and End of Story.

I'm not interested in spending a huge amount of time and effort
to figure out the trac system, the git system, and mostly the
people system that all have to be solved to actually get that
code into the mythtv code base.

It's just too much time and effort.
The barriers to entry are too high for the time I have available.

It's not that I don't contribute (I do, hugely, just not to the mythtv git repo),
nor is that I don't want to help.  I do, otherwise I wouldn't post code
and help others on this list with issues.

So tone down your overreactions and perhaps try to get along.

Cheers