[mythtv-users] 0.25 metadata failure and Blank Artwork sources

Argus pthorn-mythu at styx2002.no-ip.org
Sat Apr 21 19:09:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, A McDermott wrote:

>  Having the same problem on two separate 0.25 installations (a new setup
> with fresh database and a legacy setup with a database upgraded over
> several years.)
>
> I am unable to fetch metadata.  For example,

[ deletia ]

> Checking the "Artwork and Metadata sources" screen within the setup screens
> on the frontend shows all 3 metadata sources as blank.  There are no values
> to chose from.  In other related threads this was thought to be a theme
> problem - I have checked 5 different themes tonight to no luck - all show
> the sources as empty.
>
> on the backend, I'll see errors like this:
>
> Apr 19 23:20:09 pvr mythbackend[24033]: E Metadata_20 jobqueue.cpp:2214
> (DoMetadataLookupThread) JobQueue: Metadata Lookup Errored: "The
> Office":"Angry Andy" recorded from channel 1131 at 2012-04-19T21:30:00
> (Failed with exit status 128)
>
> Ideas?

I had a similar experience while running command line utilities.
Not cetain what the problem was/is, but I have a separated and
dedicated master backend with a remote frontend. The remote
frontend shows the blank grabbers which confused me for a long time.
If I ran mythfrontend on the master backend machine instead, I suddenly
saw the grabbers in the setup configuration. At least of for movies
and TV. Mine is a (very) recently upgraded (from 0.24-fixes) install
from source.

Saved.

Then,

   mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork

run on the master backend seemed to work after I'd saved the grabber
config in the frontend. I presume the rest works?

Bug? Expected behaviour?

Maybe someone else has a better explanation?

Hope this helps.

	- Argus