[mythtv-users] 0.25 - livetv fails when starting on a specific channel

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 00:10:39 UTC 2012

 http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10550

> Well, I'm kind of already having the feeling this is obscure enough
> that nobody else will be able to replicate it if noone else is already
> experiencing it already, so I was already thinking that might be the
> only option. But for this, I have no idea where to even begin looking.
> I didn't know if anybody had ever seen anything like this, or had any
> clues what could cause this. By the nature of it, it seems like I'd be
> looking for something particular in the TS packet stream, but if the
> stream works fine for recordings, and works fine as long as it's not
> the first channel tuned, then I'm not sure what it could be.

I'm pretty sure that it's all the same problem.. If for some reason you
can't tune to a channel when entering liveTV, it doesn't fall back to
another channel and simply return to the main menu...

There's a lot of area where a fall-through behaviour isn't implemented
either. It works 100% or it simply fail.
The other issue I have in this fashion are the playback profiles, if one
fail half-way, you get no video it doesn't try follow-up entries