[mythtv-users] Looking to convert my scripts to perl bindings

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Apr 22 04:47:08 UTC 2012

Hello list,

I have two scripts that manipulate the mythtv database directly.  I
would like to modify these to use the perl bindings or to use scripts
that do this "correctly".

These scripts do two things:

1) I have several videos in my collection that do not have coverart.
These include family videos, vacations, etc that are in mythvideo.  The
script currently uses mplayer to create a screen capture, copy it into
the VideoArtworkDir, and update the DB to find the art work.  I would
like to update it to create a screen capture, upload it to the right
storage group for coverart, and update the DB using the bindings

2) My videos are in storage directories and have different parental
control levels.  The script has key pairs of directories and levels.
Then it updates the DB with the right parental control levels for each
movie.  I would like update this to support storage directories and
update the DB using the bindings.

I am hoping others may already have these scripts done or could maybe
point me to some good documentation for the perl bindings with some
examples.

Michael