[mythtv-users] Disk Space Way Wrong

Don Lewis dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org
Mon Apr 23 04:53:56 UTC 2012

On 22 Apr, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 21/04/12 23:14, Don Lewis wrote:

>> My only complaints are that mythtv-setup paints the screen very slowly
>> over ssh, and it takes over the entire screen.  I'm looking forward to
>> the upcoming switch to web based configuration.
>>
> I do the same (mythtv-setup over SSH) and I've never seen slow painting of
> screens. I suggest you look for other reasons for the slowdown.

It's a 100 Mbit network and file transfers run at the expected speed. My
first suspicion is the default painter.  The graphics card on my desktop
probably doesn't support OpenGL very well.

> Why complain that it takes over the entire screen? When I'm doing setup I want
> my entire attention to be on a task that it's very easy to screw up. While it's
> away doing things I can always Alt+Tab to whatever else I have open.

When I do the delete all capture cards and input sources dance, it would
be nice to be able to view my configuration notes in another window
while adding everything back again.  It would also be nice to be able to
copy and paste the channel changer commands to avoid typos.  On several
occasions I've had recording failures due to incorrectly typed channel
changer commands.