[mythtv-users] 0.25 on mac-mini

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:49:28 UTC 2012

On 24 April 2012 02:40, Sean Whitney <sean.whitney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried all the VDA (normal, slim) profiles with basically similar
> results.  I was using the blit (xv-blit or quartz-blit) with the mini
> prior to this.  I don't think the version of 0.24 had the VDA profile
> included, or if it did I wasn't using it.

Quartz is only available on , which isn't available on 64 bits
platform. Not sure what the osx-sourceforge folks are using

> As for 1080 playback there were occasion blips or slow downs but it was
> barely noticeable with 0.24 but now with 0.25 the 1080 content isn't
> watchable.

it's surprising it ever worked. from the various reports here, without
hardware decoding, for the HD stream from the HD-PVR, you need > 3GHz
C2D.
I now that I've never managed to watch those files with my mini (320M
with C2D 2.4GHz) hence why I boot on ubuntu and use VDPAU

maybe something else changed on your hd-pvr.

I could build a version that force using VDA for deinterlaced content.
but be aware that it may crash your mac completely

JY