[mythtv-users] 0.25 on mac-mini

Sean Whitney sean.whitney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:00:04 UTC 2012

The hardware hasn't changed.  The backend is a beefy ubuntu server with
two AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+.  I haven't touched
the HD-PVR since I updated the firmware.  The only thing that changed
was the upgrade on the frontend and backend to 0.25 and the playback
profiles associated with 0.25.

Sean

On 04/23/2012 09:49 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 24 April 2012 02:40, Sean Whitney <sean.whitney at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've tried all the VDA (normal, slim) profiles with basically similar
>> results.  I was using the blit (xv-blit or quartz-blit) with the mini
>> prior to this.  I don't think the version of 0.24 had the VDA profile
>> included, or if it did I wasn't using it.
>

> Quartz is only available on , which isn't available on 64 bits
> platform. Not sure what the osx-sourceforge folks are using
>

>> As for 1080 playback there were occasion blips or slow downs but it was
>> barely noticeable with 0.24 but now with 0.25 the 1080 content isn't
>> watchable.
>
> it's surprising it ever worked. from the various reports here, without
> hardware decoding, for the HD stream from the HD-PVR, you need > 3GHz
> C2D.
> I now that I've never managed to watch those files with my mini (320M
> with C2D 2.4GHz) hence why I boot on ubuntu and use VDPAU
>
> maybe something else changed on your hd-pvr.
>
> I could build a version that force using VDA for deinterlaced content.
> but be aware that it may crash your mac completely
>
> JY

Science is not an exercise in consensus.