[mythtv-users] MythShutdown filling up logs

Roy Lofthouse lofty69 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:51:56 UTC 2012

On 24 April 2012 20:43, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Roy Lofthouse <lofty69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> found the file "/etc/sysconfig/mythbackend" added --nodblog and
>> --loglevel warning to it and restarted the backend but still getting
>> all the mythshutdown logs :(
>
> --loglevel warning hides too much for debugging purposes if you ever
> need to report a bug.  Just so you know.
>
> You will always have those logfiles.  Ignore them.  :)

warning is fine for me and it's easily changed if need be.. however it
looks like the mythshutdown check may be hardcoded somewhere as I
searched my db and can only find one ref to mythshutdown
(preSDWUCheckCommand), but this was calling --check where the one
doing all the logging is called with -status (would be nice if this
took it's settings from mythbackend or you could pass your own on).

It's just annoying seeing all entries filling up every 30 seconds.

"You will always have those logfiles.  Ignore them.  :)"

I take it you know something I don't?  :)