[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Apr 24 23:02:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Gordon McCrae <gordon.mccrae at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's be clear Eric, no-one is saying it should be replaced, simply that we
> don't like the "everything is a playlist" concept and that we preferred the
> old method of having a directory tree that you could simply browse around
> and if you clicked play at the top level it played all your music, if you
> clicked at an artist it played everything by that artist, if you clicked at
> an album it played the album and if you clicked on a song it played a song.

Ok.  So the .25 mythmusic has all of that except the top level select
all.  Is that really something that people really used?  Sure, I did
it a few times as a lark in previous releases but in practice I found
the result just too weird.

A lot of these posts read like people who haven't tried it for more
than a few minutes or somehow didn't find the built-in playlist editor
(M -> Switch View -> Playlist Editor Tree) that lets you pick what you
want to listen to without ever needing to save a named playlist just
like you could in earlier releases.

Eric