[mythtv-users] Error: MythTV is using all inputs but there are no active recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 25 03:12:43 UTC 2012

On 04/24/2012 07:22 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Right.  But, again, there's little reason with current MythTV not to put
>> recordings (TV and/or movies) into Video Library.  MythVideo used to be good
>> primarily for movies and non-TV video, but now it (or, technically the Video
>> Library, since it was moved into MythTV core) excels at handling TV.  I
>> think more than anything, we just need to get more people to give it a try,
>> again, and see that it's not your father's MythVideo.
>>
>> A friend of mine who uses MythTV wanted to add some videos to Watch
>> Recordings so his kids' shows were all together (whether they were the ones
>> he recorded or ones he'd bought on DVD).  I explained the idea and reasoning
>> behind going the other way--moving his recordings of kids' shows to Video
>> Library along with the DVD rips--and he tried it out and has several times
>> mentioned how much better this works than Watch Recordings did.
> What is the preferred method to move a recording from Watch Recordings
> to Video Library?  I don't see any obvious and simple method for doing
> this.

There's "manually"--where you use mythlink.pl to create links with
useful names for your recordings and then copy to a Videos Storage Group
directory with the useful name (or move the recording, then "touch" a
file with the original name).

Or, you can use something like mythvidexport.py -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport.py

Mike