[mythtv-users] 0.25 nuvexport multipass xvid causing segfaults

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Thu Apr 26 04:43:48 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I think I may have stumbled across a bug in nuvexport but seeking some
confirmation before I go and raise a bug report

I've been using nuvexport as a userjob to export recordings to xvid

/usr/bin/nuvexport --infile="%FILE%" --path=/storage2/videos --height=400
--width=720 --mode=xvid --deinterlace --nonoise_reduction --cutlist
--noconfirm --nice=19

and my /etc/nuvexportrc has the following

<XviD>

    vbr          = yes   # Enable vbr to get the multipass/quantisation
options
                         # (enabling multipass or quantisation
automatically enables vbr)
    multipass    = yes   # You get either multipass or quantisation;
multipass will override
    quantisation = 6     # 4 through 6 is probably right...  1..31 are
allowed (lower is better quality)

    a_bitrate    = 128   # Audio bitrate of 128 kbps
    v_bitrate    = 768   # Remember, quantisation overrides video bitrate

    width        = 720   # Height adjusts automatically to width, according
to aspect ratio
    height       = auto

</XviD>

when running the commands from nuvexport --debug mythffmpeg segfaults on
the 2nd pass

changing my /etc/nuvexportrc to

<XviD>

    vbr          = no   # Enable vbr to get the multipass/quantisation
options
                         # (enabling multipass or quantisation
automatically enables vbr)
    multipass    = no   # You get either multipass or quantisation;
multipass will override
    quantisation = 6     # 4 through 6 is probably right...  1..31 are
allowed (lower is better quality)

    a_bitrate    = 128   # Audio bitrate of 128 kbps
    v_bitrate    = 768   # Remember, quantisation overrides video bitrate

    width        = 720   # Height adjusts automatically to width, according
to aspect ratio
    height       = auto

</XviD>

Fixes the issue but creates larger then usual files

Can someone else confirm this? and advise what information would be
required along with the bug report if this is infact a bug?

MythTV Version : 0.25-3.md12 (1a671d0)
nuvexport Version : 0.5 0.20090726.svn

Cheers,

Anthony