[mythtv-users] Advice on best way to proceed required
gnassas at mac.com
Thu Apr 26 17:08:24 UTC 2012
On 2012-04-26, at 11:20 AM, Alan Chandler <alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> Firstly, is there any way to continue with an 0.24 backend and a 0.25 front end. (such as run some database update script)?
No, the back end won't touch that db so you'll either have to upgrade the back end or rollback the db upgrade. Typically a backup is made before an upgrade so it should be as easy as restoring that db dump. The wiki has info on this.
> Secondly, are there any Squeeze Backports of 0.25 to happen soon?
I see that Debian multimedia just added .25 packages to unstable so I guess in a few weeks they'll migrate to stable. Look here:
> Thirdly, how hard is it to compile from source, and if I do that are the dependant packages in Squeeze advanced enough to do so?
It's not too hard to pull down the .25 package sources and build them against your system if you know your way around Debian. Another approach is to temporarily set up an unstable chroot and install the backend into it but have it point to your db on the non-chroot system. That would hold you until a stable .25 package bubbles up.
> Fourthly, how does my database get updated these 35 schema versions - and can I do that without loosing my recording schedules?
When you started the .25 frontend it would have asked for permission to do the upgrade. All your schedules are still there but unusable until the be and db match.
I'd rollback the db upgrade and the desktop install and pin it until you're ready to upgrade the backend.
More information about the mythtv-users