[mythtv-users] mythtv master convert to slave

Adam Brown abrown118321 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 00:16:04 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I recently bought a new computer. In an attempt to install linux/mythtv,
I ghosted my existing master backend server(with capture cards) to the
new computer(which will be a slave backend with no capture cards).
Unfortunately, I forgot to run mythtv-setup and delete everything from
the master backend before ghosting to the new slave backend. On the new
slave I turned off mysql and reset the ip address to the new, different
real ip address(also changed to different hostname). Now when running
mythbackend on the new slave, I am getting a message that states my
backend is not configured correctly. When I turn off mythbackend on the
slave everything works perfectly. Any ideas.

Thanks,

Adam