[mythtv-users] mythtv master convert to slave

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 27 01:58:40 UTC 2012

On 04/26/2012 08:16 PM, Adam Brown wrote:
> I recently bought a new computer. In an attempt to install linux/mythtv,
> I ghosted my existing master backend server(with capture cards) to the
> new computer(which will be a slave backend with no capture cards).

First, tuner-less backends aren't supported.  A backend without tuners
is either just a mythjobqueue host (in which case, run mythjobqueue) or
a streaming server (in which case, run mythmediaserver).  Running a
remote backend without tuners accomplishes nothing.

> Unfortunately, I forgot to run mythtv-setup and delete everything from
> the master backend before ghosting to the new slave backend. On the new
> slave I turned off mysql and reset the ip address to the new, different
> real ip address(also changed to different hostname).

You changed/verified both the master backend and this backend IP
address?  (And IPv4 and IPv6 for each?)

>   Now when running
> mythbackend on the new slave, I am getting a message that states my
> backend is not configured correctly. When I turn off mythbackend on the
> slave everything works perfectly. Any ideas.

We'd need the exact error message to do more than guess.

Mike