[mythtv-users] Auto running of mythfilldatabase

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Apr 29 07:55:53 UTC 2012

On 29.04.2012 05:35, Jason Bright wrote:
> Go figure. Nevermind - finally found it.
>
> (mythtv-setup. General.  Single option on the very last page).
>
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Jason Bright<jaybright at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This is incredibly stupid, but i've stumped myself:
>>
>> Can somebody point me to the flag in the GUI (Can't remember if it's
>> in mythfrontend or mythtv-setup) to auto run mythfilldatabase? For the
>> life of me I can't find it and google isn't helping.
>>
>> (Tying to diagnose a long running issue with a new install that the
>> guide info doesn't get auto updated; running mythfilldatabase by hand
>> works fine.  Trolling thru the logs, it doesn't look like anything is
>> attempting to run it.)

Just in case for everyone who finds this thread and uses xmltv. The
grabber config is written to the home directory of the user that runs
mythtv-setup but read from the home directory of the user that runs
mythbackend in the automatic runs. Simply moving the file to the right
place or symlinking it will solve that.

Regards,
Karl