[mythtv-users] Can I pass parameters to my channel changing script?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 09:41:48 UTC 2012

Hi.

My cable provider is forcing me to switch to digital. I currently have
four HVR-1900 tuners connected to analogue cable. These are set up in
Myth as tuners belonging to a single video source.

I will be transitioning two of these tuners to a new (yet to be created)
video source, and will connect them to a couple of set-top boxes instead
of straight to the cable.

Since these STBs are identical I need to control them with dedicated IT
blasters. So my problem is how to tell the channel changing script which
STB to change the channel on.

I see that the LIRC channel change script on the wiki [1] is capable of
receiving a blaster number on its command line, but how do I pass it to
that script from Myth? Of course I looked on the wiki and googled.

Of course, I could create a separate video source for each STB. But I'd
rather not do that since it's redundant from the scheduler's point of
if I ever get a third/fourth STB).

[1]: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LircChannelChanger

Thanks, Jan