[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 29 12:28:25 UTC 2012

On 04/29/2012 08:03 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 25/04/12 04:53, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> 2.  There should be a single key press to get to the tree view, with a
>> default binding of "3"
> There is a move to get away from having to remember cryptic key presses
> to do things that only work on one screen. The preferred method is to
> use the menu to switch views. The old 'Play Music' and 'Show music
> playlists' jump points still work AFAIK but I wouldn't bind one of them
> to the '3' key because jumppoints are global and are executed before any
> other action.
>
> It would be easy to add some extra key bindings to the 'Music' context
> to switch views. In main.cpp setupKeys() add
>
> REG_KEY("Music", "SWITCHTOPLAYLISTEDITORTREE",
> QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("MythControls",
>          "Switch to the playlist editor tree view"), "3");
>

> and then in the MusicCommon::keypressHandler() add something like
>
> if (action == "SWITCHTOPLAYLISTEDITORTREE"&&  m_currentView !=
> MV_PLAYLISTEDITORTREE)
>      switchView(MV_PLAYLISTEDITORTREE);
>
> a more generic method would be to use the existing NEXTVIEW and PREVVIEW
> key bindings to cycle through the views but I seem to remember there
> being a clash with the default NEXTTRACK and PREVTRACK key bindings.

And, FWIW, adding new keybindings (or using appropriately-named ones
that already exist in another context) specifically for a function like
this is perfectly acceptable.  It's not that we want to force you to use
the menu, but that we want to make functionality available through the
menu for those who don't define certain bindings or who have limited
remotes without sufficient buttons, and we want to ensure you--and not
hard-coded key definitions--specify the key to use.

Mike