[mythtv-users] PXE Boot .25 mythbuntu

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Apr 30 00:08:34 UTC 2012

On 29/04/2012 10:57 AM, digid myth wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get .25 mythbuntu to PXE boot. I am building a
> new server to run .25 and the documentation is no longer valid.
>
> Dale

I now boot my PXE Clients using gPXE and sanboot (iscsi).  Using the MBE
as the iscsitarget.
http://etherboot.org/wiki/sanboot/ubuntu_iscsi2

With 10.04 and later, once you have the iscsitarget and dhcp server
configured on your server, boot your "slave" pc with a Ubuntu 10.04 (or
later) *server* cdrom/dvd and install directly to the iscsi image, no
messing around modifying boot scripts or anything.  Once installed,
install mythbuntu-desktop and your good to go.

This way, each machine has its "own hard drive", and are managed just
like any other PC with a hard drive.

Michael W