[mythtv-users] Composite / All Available inputs used error

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Apr 30 15:23:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> I have a working .24 system using a WinTV HVR-1950 tuner. (dual USB tuner)
>
> I am attempting to use the composite input to capture video from VHS tapes
>
> The QAM side of the tuner works fine (over air). I went back into mythtv
> setup and have attempted to set up the analog side. I have tried  V4L 1 and
> IVTV MPEG-2, selecting tv as default and have also tried to set composite as
> default.
>

> In Video Source Setup, I create one named Composite, with no grabber
>
> On Inputs I have set the source to "/dev/video0 composite", starting channel
> to 100 (does not exist in guide)
>
> In Channel Editor I created channel name "Composite", channel number  100
>
> Restarted the backend, ran mythfilldatabse, and then launched mythfrontend.
>
> Watch TV works fine, but pressing "Y" does not change between sources. "C"
> displays the digital side, but manually entering channel 100 gives me the
> following error.
>
> "MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you
> selected".........
>
> Any ideas what I might have mis-configured ?

You should indeed be using "IVTV MPEG-2".  "V4L" is for raw video
capture, which is unsupported on the 1950.

Did you put both the IVTV device and the ATSC device in the same
MythTV "Input Group"?  That is needed to prevent MythTV from
attempting to use both at the same time (which would cause problems in
the driver).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs