[mythtv-users] Composite / All Available inputs used error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 30 15:57:02 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 11:29 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:

>> You should indeed be using "IVTV MPEG-2".  "V4L" is for raw video
>> capture, which is unsupported on the 1950.
>>
>> Did you put both the IVTV device and the ATSC device in the same
>> MythTV "Input Group"?  That is needed to prevent MythTV from
>> attempting to use both at the same time (which would cause problems in
>> the driver).
>
> I forgot to mention that: I originally had them both in the generic
> group, but created a new group when I had problems. Will go back to
> mpeg and one group and report back.

Note, also, that you may need to switch to a different card, then change
to channel 100--there was/is (might be fixed in current -fixes?) an
issue where it wouldn't treat other inputs on the same card that's in
use for Live TV as available.  Jim Stichnoth was working on this issue
and could probably give you a more definitive/up-to-date answer.

And, when you finally get it working, you'll need to create manual
recording rules to record your VHS tapes:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/284890#284890 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/232857#232857

Meaning you may be /much/ better off using something else--like dd or
cat--to record the VHS tapes outside of MythTV and then just stick the
resulting video into the Video Library (formerly MythVideo).

Mike