[mythtv-users] Saving Bookmark in MythCenter-wide and Retro themes

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Apr 30 23:38:33 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 06:07 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 05:22 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> I have recently found the Retro theme which parallels my personal
>> changes to MythCenter-wide (I dislike the green accents too). But
>> MythCenter-wide (and MythCenter) both save and clear bookmarks (when
>> you press enter, select or space during playback), but Retro does not.
>>
>> This seems to be set up through tv_play.cpp as there is nothing in the
>> theme xml files. Does anyone know how to turn on this feature in Retro?
>
> It can't be controlled by the theme. It's controlled by:
>
> Alternate clear and save bookmark
> During playback the SELECT key (Enter or Space) will alternate between
> "Bookmark Saved" and "Bookmark Cleared". If disabled, the SELECT key
> will save the current position for each keypress.
>
> in Video Playback settings in mythfrontend (which defaults to enabled).
> Perhaps you have different settings on different frontends (or somehow
> you're using a different LocalHostName/machine identifier (and,

Thanks Michael. Same frontend. Save/Clear works in MythCenter-wide v 1.1
or 1.5, esc out to Setup, and download/install Retro, drill down to the
SAME tv show, and.... no bookmarks. and does not recognize/jump to the
bookmark I just set in MythCenter-wide..

You have confirmed that this is weird, but exactly what is going on is
obscure. Version is trunk, from yesterday (or Saturday)..

Geoff