[mythtv-users] Leap second again??

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Aug 1 03:40:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Keith Pyle <kpyle at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> This evening, I found my mythbackend system running at full CPU on all
> cores.  It was the leap second problem - again.  According to dmesg on this
> system, it got a leap second inserted just before 0000Z Aug 1:
>
> [202139.171571] Clock: inserting leap second 23:59:60 UTC
>
> This system is running ntp synchronized to a stratum 2 time server (at a
> large university).
>
> Has anyone else seen this today?
>
> The prior workaround resolved the problem:
>
> date -s "`date`"

I didn't have any issues tonight, but when the last leap second
occurred a month ago, both myself and another coworker running myth
both had CPU load problems with our systems. We only figured out what
happened when sharing stories, noticing the time correlation, and then
hearing of issues another (non-myth) coworker had at the same time.

--
Ron Frazier