[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV - force close ondownload guide

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:36:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Timothy Krantz
<tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com>wrote:

> **
>

> Tim,
>
> You are running directly from code, correct? You are not running from the
> apk download.
>
> Go into the class
>
> org.mythtv.services.api.AbstractOperations
>
> And comment out line 58 with //
>
> There is an issue right now with downloading GZIP data from the web
> services in the .26 master.  That should resolve it.  I have been
> commenting this out before I do build and post the apk to the downloads
> area.
>
> Dan
>
> --
> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>
>

> Silly me, I had tried to update to the 1.0.4.M release of the spring
> android code, since that made mention of fixing a gzip problem, but
> that did not help.
>
> I never thought to try commenting out that line.  Which of couse fixed it
> for me!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim

I posted the issue to the Spring forums, so hopefully, I get a response
back soon.  I know this is working, but, from what I can tell, it looks
like it is trying to parse the JSON returned from the Myth Services API
before it actually decompresses the result.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>