[mythtv-users] OS X + Logitech Harmony + Remote Buddy + MythTV => Help!

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Thu Aug 2 23:35:36 UTC 2012

Following my previous thread[1], I've bought a Logitech Harmony 300 and the Remote Buddy Express software. I'm running OS X 10.7 (Lion) with MythFrontEnd 0.25

I'm still pretty bewildered by this setup - so many different layers to configure, and very little existing information out there, as far as I can tell. There are quite a few people doing this with Plex (e.g. [2]), but I can't see any tutorials for this setup for MythTV.

Could anyone who has this working give me a few clues please? What device profile should I use on the Harmony? Do I need to provide my own mappings / behaviours in Remote Buddy, or are there some bundled ones I can download from somewhere?

If I've missed some obvious reference info, please do point me to it and I'll go off and do my homework.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-March/330419.html
[2] http://www.geekzone.co.nz/lotech/7433